So why video? More precisely, why should you use video as a medium to promote products or services? Is it a good way of explaining your company’s vision? A good way of conveying your strategy? Well it is true that video content on your website will drive it up Google’s search rankings, because it represents the kind of rich, unique content the algorithms love. However, there are more reasons than just this Google-centric world view. For example in terms of impact, information is much more likely to be retained if it seen rather than heard. There are more interesting numbers though:
1. One third of all online activity is spent watching video*
2. 80% 0f your online visitors will watch a video, while only 20% will read content in its entirety*
3. YouTube is the number two search engine in the world*
4. 50% of users watch business related videos on YouTube once a week*
5. Every day 100 million internet users watch an online video*
If we look beyond the basic numbers, we can that a preference building for video rather than textual explanations of products, services and other information. In fact a combination of both is the ideal, with video playing a key role.
The reasons are mounting to invest in video as part of your overall marketing mix. We can help, just get in touch.
*Facts via QuickSprout,